Re: buggy N-M (was: Debian 11: Unable to detect wireless interface on an old laptop) computer

On 9/28/21, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 09:00:47AM -0400, Henning Follmann wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 09:41:22AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 04:47:07PM -0400, Henning Follmann wrote:
>> >
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Uh-huh.
>>
>> What a great argument!
>
> I don't care very much about N-M. It's not the kind of software I
> enjoy. Too complex for my taste. De gustibus...

I started to chime in last night, but my brain took a vacation. Maybe
the "complex" was what happened to me, too.

Last night I was only going to say "nm" didn't used to (and may still
not) play nice with similar packages installed on the same machine. It
was an either/or situation. I took the "or" with wicd then wicd-curses
and have never looked back. That's with hardwires, though. I haven't
had an excuse to spend time duking it out with attaching wireless.

What fried my brain last night was on trying to remember if nm had
been too "complicated" and thus not user-friendly for *me*. I still
see other people rave about it. That's cool. At the end of the day, it
means our brains function (comprehend) differently, but we all seem to
be arriving at the same place: Connected to whatever it is we need to
use. That's where the beauty of Debian offering CHOICE comes into
play.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey