Re: Colemak layout at boot time

On 19/09/2021 14:07, Gareth Evans wrote:

Are you saying I could try this Section 5 method to have Colemak at GRUB
and LUKS password prompt? Not VM, but my laptop, real HW.

Not yet.  As things stand, those commands have only succeeded in breaking the VM I set up for the purpose, but I'm hoping someone can suggest the appropriate tweak, if the reason is what I think it is.

Thank you.
To you think, that virtual consoles ignoring my layout setting are a bug?
Basically, doing:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
and reboot

should force Colemak in virtual consoles (the ones in Ctrl+Alt+F keys),
but this is not happening. I have to do "sudo setupcon" (after logging
in with wrong layout) in the console to apply my settings, which are
correctly defined in /etc/default/keyboard file.

If this is correct, everyone else who uses any other layout than US
QWERTY is affected, and I think this could be reported as a bug.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org