Re: Colemak layout at boot time

On 18/09/2021 20:00, David Wright wrote:

A lot of hits from googling   grub colemak   including
https://forums.debian.net//viewtopic.php?f=16&t=76833
which uses dvorak as an example.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I seen this page.

ckbcomp dvorak command outputs the layout details and everything.

However:
$ ckbcomp colemak
/usr/bin/ckbcomp: Can not find file "symbols/colemak" in any known directory

I don't recall the definition of "boot time password". Does this
denote something that Grub asks, or is it when dmcrypt is running
from the initrd?

By that I meant GRUB editor and Debian's standard whole disk encryption
in Debian. I don't have Colemak there. I need to enter password in
Colemak. Yes, I think that's called dmcrypt.

Which is a reminder: is your keyboard definition
in /etc/default/keyboard getting incorporated into the initrd or not?

I don't know that. I only have Colemak in KDE. Everything else,
including virtual terminals (Ctrl+Alt+F keys) are Qwerty.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org