Re: Colemak layout at boot time

On Sat 18 Sep 2021 at 12:02:49 (+0100), piorunz wrote:

> I use Colemak layout instead of Qwerty, because it's so much better and
> efficient.
> Today I repositioned keys on my laptop too, so I have two computers with
> Colemak.
> However, my laptop uses full disk encryption (Debian 11).
> At boot time, and in GRUB, I don't have Colemak, but default layout.
> How to change to Colemak? I read few very old tutorials, not one solves
> this problem in 2021. Not sure how I should proceed.
>
> I already selected Colemak in KDE settings, and via sudo
> dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration. But this does not affect boot
> time password question and GRUB editor. Also virtual consoles still use
> default Qwerty.

A lot of hits from googling   grub colemak   including
https://forums.debian.net//viewtopic.php?f=16&t=76833
which uses dvorak as an example.

I don't recall the definition of "boot time password". Does this
denote something that Grub asks, or is it when dmcrypt is running
from the initrd? — Which is a reminder: is your keyboard definition
in /etc/default/keyboard getting incorporated into the initrd or not?

Cheers,
David.