Re: pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...

 Debian doesn't stop to amaze me. I have an "old" 2 GiB RAM
MacAirbook1,1 without its hard drive and without internal CMOS timing
and with only one USB port (I wonder what those folks were thinking
about when they designed those laptops).

 A Debian live DVD boots fine from a USB hub, then I go "hwclock --set
..." and do a hot reset (the set time will be kept) and use a USB pen
drive. Knoppix just shows to me a question sign on a light and dark
gray background.

 I will get "married" to Debian (why not? some people would marry
their pets ... ;-)) if it includes the following startup options right
of the live DVD:

 * toram
 * memtest
 * testCD

 In my opinion none of those functions are hard to include at all.

 You can -almost- always go monkey and do that one way or another, but
I would like for Debian to make more official an offline mode for
using apt probably based on java, so that any machine could be used to
download packages to be then installed off-line for those of us who
don't/can't see the Internet as a trusted environment.

 I would also love to see networking taken out of the Linux kernel,
but this is an entirely different, hellishly "political" issue.

 lbrtchx