Re: pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 Albretch Mueller wrote:
[snip]

I will get "married" to Debian (why not? some people would marry
their pets ... ;-)) if it includes the following startup options right
of the live DVD:

* toram
* memtest
* testCD

In my opinion none of those functions are hard to include at all.

You can -almost- always go monkey and do that one way or another, but
I would like for Debian to make more official an offline mode for
using apt probably based on java, so that any machine could be used to
download packages to be then installed off-line for those of us who
don't/can't see the Internet as a trusted environment.

I haven't seen anyone mention apt-offline in this thread, so I will
mention it now:

  apt-offline is an Offline APT Package Manager.
  .
  apt-offline can fully update and upgrade an APT based distribution
  without connecting to the network, all of it transparent to APT.
  .
  apt-offline can be used to generate a signature on a machine (with
  no network).  This signature contains all download information
  required for the APT database system. This signature file can be
  used on another machine connected to the internet (which need not be
  a Debian box and can even be running windows) to download the
  updates.  The downloaded data will contain all updates in a format
  understood by APT and this data can be used by apt-offline to update
  the non-networked machine.
  .
  apt-offline can also fetch bug reports and make them available
  offline.
  Homepage: https://github.com/rickysarraf/apt-offline

I have no experience using it.  Looks to me like for buster you need
to get it from backports.

--
Ce qui est important est rarement urgent
et ce qui est urgent est rarement important