UPS, was RTL problem

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021, Maureen L Thomas wrote:

I am on an ups box so I don't understand how this happened.

Hello Maureen, The UPS will protect your stuff from external power supply problems, but not from internal deterioration.

Have you checked that your UPS is doing it's job correctly? If you pull the power cord from the wall does the system shutdown cleanly? How old are your batteries? They need replacing every 4 years. We have had people in the nut-upsuser list telling us that the shutdown software wasn't working, when the battery was 12 years old.

Roger