`apt list` output question

Dear Colleagues,

The output of `apt list` and some other utilities prints
package names with modifiers after the "/" symbol, e.g.

# apt list --installed | grep udev
libudev1/stable,now 241-7~deb10u7 amd64 [installed]
udev/stable,now 241-7~deb10u7 amd64 [installed]

I think that these modifiers can even change over time, at least after
an `apt upgrade`.

What is the meaning of the "stable,now" string? Sometimes there is the
"unknown" string too. At first I thought it was a reference to the repo
the package had been installed from, but no: I don't have anything like
"stable" or "now" in /etc/apt/sources.list*

This should be clearly documented somewhere but I cannot find it. Also,
can these modifiers be used for anything useful?

--
Victor Sudakov VAS4-RIPE
http://vas.tomsk.ru/