RTL problem

I have a Lenovo ideacenter 510A-15ABR, Amd A12-9800 that went crazy.  The cmos was frozen from too many attempts to get into it so I had to open it up and play the jumper game to reset it.  This went off without a hitch.  Once back together it would only boot to fsckd-cancel-msg:  Press CTRL+C to cancel filesystem checks in progress.  The CTRL+C did not stopit and it ran forever.  So I decided to re-install debian 10.  While doing so I get to the part about the entering the needed rtl files which I have on DVD and on USB.  I tried both but neither of them would work.  I cannot get it to even come up to a command line to do dmesg and see what the real problem may be.  Can anyone help?

Thanks from an old lady using Debian

Maureen