Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 22:52:31 -0500
> David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> My newly oldest computer, an Acer TravelMate 3201XCi,
>> built in 2004, contains one of these. If it's of any use to Charles,
>> I can warn that this laptop has the annoying habit of booting up
>> with the wifi blocked. (It has a pair of insanely placed toggling
>> buttons/lights for wifi and bluetooth, and I've never figured out
>> what the wifi light correlates with.) I know nothing about the R51
>> and whether there are any firmware buttons or function keys that
>> would affect its wifi.
>
>  A good thought, thank you. A careful inspection of the computer and
>  search of the Hardware Maintenance Manual reveal no such physical
>  switch. There is a function key switch which relies on OS support to
>  actually do anything, and I doubt that is active in d-i.

I also have an Acer minilaptop.  It also has a WiFi on/off hotkey (Fn+F3).
The led that belongs to the WiFi state is the fourth.
The difference here is that it works from startup.  If the WiFi
is disabled through this hotkey, Windows has no way to reenable it,
though it knows that the WiFi is disabled this way.