Re: how to record sound to mp3

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 07:51:42PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> On the other hand, Ogg files are NOT concatenable, even those that
> contain only Vorbis audio. Some player will ignore the discontinuity at
> the concatenation points, but not all.

I was told *by the developer* (Monty, in #vorbis IRC long ago) that
Ogg Vorbis files were designed for this.

A few Google searches to provide supporting evidence:

https://linux.die.net/man/1/oggz-merge

  If you want to create a file containing some Ogg files sequenced one after
  another, then you should simply concatenate them together using cat. In Ogg
  this is called "chaining". If you cat Ogg Vorbis I audio files together, then
  the result will also be a compliant Ogg Vorbis file.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=114262.0

  Chaining in an ogg container is as simple as it gets. Just concatenate two
  separate ogg files together, the result is a chained file.

However, I will note that there *are* players that don't handle
chained Ogg Vorbis files properly.  So, make sure you test with the
actual player you intend to use.