Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 7:05 PM Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Sun 21 Mar 2021 at 18:27:22 -0400, Kenneth Parker wrote:

[...]

> In both cases, I used my favorite, Text / Expert Install (but also tried
> Bullseye with the "normal" Text Install).  it gets to the step, to find,
> and configure the Network, but only finds the Ethernet Port which, for the
> purposes of my test, has no Cable attached.  So, obviously, the Network
> Configuration fails!
>
> I was ready for it to Find the WiFi, and had, in advance, populated the
> /firmware directory of a USB Thumbdrive, but it never gets to the step,
> where it is asking for it.
>
> Any Insights?

Try an official unofficial image linked at

  https://www.debian.org/distrib/

No good.  I downloaded "Debian GNU/Linux bullseye-DI-alpha3 "Bullseye" - Unofficial amd64 NETINST with firmware 20201203-12:50"
(Above was the description in the Expert Text Install).

One note:  It took about a minute on the "Detect Network Hardware" step, before continuing, and only finding Ethernet.

So what is special about the RTL8723DE WiFi Adapter?  (After Installation, I can find it, and the Realtek Firmware works).

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth Parker