Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 22:52:31 -0500
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> My newly oldest computer, an Acer TravelMate 3201XCi,
> built in 2004, contains one of these. If it's of any use to Charles,
> I can warn that this laptop has the annoying habit of booting up
> with the wifi blocked. (It has a pair of insanely placed toggling
> buttons/lights for wifi and bluetooth, and I've never figured out
> what the wifi light correlates with.) I know nothing about the R51
> and whether there are any firmware buttons or function keys that
> would affect its wifi.

 A good thought, thank you. A careful inspection of the computer and
 search of the Hardware Maintenance Manual reveal no such physical
 switch. There is a function key switch which relies on OS support to
 actually do anything, and I doubt that is active in d-i.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/