Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Du, 21 mar 21, 20:17:32, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 7:05 PM Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> No good.  I downloaded "Debian GNU/Linux bullseye-DI-alpha3 "Bullseye" -
> Unofficial amd64 NETINST with firmware 20201203-12:50"
> (Above was the description in the Expert Text Install).

Try a more recent weekly image, it should have a slightly newer kernel.

> One note:  It took about a minute on the "Detect Network Hardware" step,
> before continuing, and only finding Ethernet.
>
> So what is special about the RTL8723DE WiFi Adapter?  (After Installation,
> I can find it, and the Realtek Firmware works).

Maybe it triggers a bug in the D-I and/or kernel in the images you tried
so far.

If the latest weekly shows the same symptoms I'd suggest you file a bug
against debian-installer, preferably with reportbug immediately after
completing the installation.

Kind regards,
Andrei