Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 22:51:18 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> > I'm not so sure that's a tangent, as d-i appears to use
> > wpasupplicant to set up connections.
>
> How can it set up a connection if there isn't an interface to connect
> to?

Because I'm not sure that's what's happening.

What I see (using the firmware unofficial d-i) is that the appropriate
driver is loaded, the appropriate firmware is loaded, and wpasupplicant
is loaded and running. But when it comes to running netcfg, netcfg
cannot connect to wpasupplicant.

If something else is going on in the OP's setup, he would need
wpasupplicant once he solved that problem.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/