Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 3:54 PM Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 14:52:26 -0400
Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

> > ...I'd suggest you file a bug
> > against debian-installer, preferably with reportbug immediately
> > after completing the installation.
> >

> That's next on my list.

Please let us know the bug number. I have a similar issue and may be
able to provide more data.

I am still mucking around, trying to get WiFi working.

I guess that I should put in a "narrow" Bug Report, about netinst not finding RTL8723DE and then go back to my attempts to get WiFi working.

My issue now, is that the results of netinst doesn't have all the pieces, needed for WiFi.  For example, I can't find wpasupplicant.

My latest test, for the purpose of the Bug Report is the "standard" netinst.  Is it correct, that it should be missing prerequisites for WiFi?  I didn't try (yet) mounting the CD, to look for missing .deb files. (Just thought of it now).

Thanks, Charles.

Kenneth Parker