WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

Hello,

Later this week, I will be helping a friend install Debian onto a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop.  This will be in a Public Space with, only WiFi available.

Both his Lenovo, and my HP Laptop have the same WiFi hardware, found via a "lspci" command:

> Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

So, to ensure that we can complete the Install, I wanted to test, using, first a Debian Bullseye Netinst CD and, when it failed, a Debian Buster 10.3 NetInst CD.

In both cases, I used my favorite, Text / Expert Install (but also tried Bullseye with the "normal" Text Install).  it gets to the step, to find, and configure the Network, but only finds the Ethernet Port which, for the purposes of my test, has no Cable attached.  So, obviously, the Network Configuration fails!

I was ready for it to Find the WiFi, and had, in advance, populated the /firmware directory of a USB Thumbdrive, but it never gets to the step, where it is asking for it.

Any Insights?

Thanks in advance!

Kenneth Parker