Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

Celejar wrote:

> I certainly agree that they aren't "perfectly comparable or even the
> same," and I certainly do trust open source software considerably more.
> I was just objecting to absolutist claims that non-open source software
> is completely untrustworthy - claims such as yours that trusting
> Facebook is "the opposite of reason, science or
> self-verified-security."

The problem is, you don't know and when you don't know you can not say this
is trustworthy - or not trustworthy. You are willing to say something like
Adam Shiff (sorry but I just watched the stupid).
So the problem is we can not trust, because we do not know, while the
statement
        Facebook is "the opposite of reason, science or self-verified-security."
has proven true many times.
I always ask myself why argumentation and logic is not evolving among
humans.
Your statement "I certainly do trust open source software considerably more"
is subjective - based on what evidence do you trust?
See - you qualify for the church - you believe. And I do not mind anything
negative, I myself go to church, but there is difference between I know
(And trust) and I believe or think. The later implicates modality, because
to be honest no one has read the code and there were many findings in the
past that show that also Linux OS and the applications have security
issues.
Please understand that in terms of ontology there is only one truth. The
rest is something between speculation and false.
There were even computers designed to operate with 3 states because of this.