Re: fsck error on boot: /dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY and Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 17:45:55 +0300 L Ka <kazakevichilya@gmail.com> wrote:
Old disk management tools did such alignment because they believed that any drive uses 512 byte sectors.
But modern software (starting from Win7 I believe) uses 4KB alignment because it is compatible with advanced format and SSD.
Do you mean linux disk management old and not following new changes like windows?

this sda is actually created on windows 8 long time ago. that time I still do dual boot with linux and windows

The easiest way to do so is to delete the partition and create a new one, but there are also tools to move the partition and preserve data (google for them)

That cost money, but nvm. I need new disk too to store new files (nowadays, file getting bigger and bigger especially movies)

--
Email : Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA