Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 7:51 AM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eventually I had to give in, because I was being literally forgotten by
> a group of friends that were using Facebook for most of their
> communication (I was the only one without a Facebook account), so I did
> create an account under a fake name, tied to a new webmail address.

I did the same thing - I resisted being on FB for a very long time,
but eventually I had to get on because it was how my family was
communicating and I was being left out of the loop. I joined as my dog
only my family knew how to find me. Even to this day I am only
connected to family members.