Re: Hardware requirements between Debian 9 and 10

> Of course, you can manually download Firefox from the official Website and use it on a older system. It will probably work for a few years until Firefox needs a lib which the old Version does not have.
>
> But using the version of Firefox from Debian is much more comfortable, as it simply just works :)
>
> Cant you just upgrade the RAM? My Intel Atom N550 netbook supports 2GB - unfortunately the maximum by this processor. As others already said,
> the main problem is the Browser itself. I discovered my Firefox needs 1,4GB for just an empty page (and some plugins like Adblock and NoScript) after startup. So with the rest of the system needing <= 512MB, 2GB still works as minimum requirement.

I don't think I could upgrade any hardware for now.
As you posted, it looks like Firefox is eating too much.
It is weird that Firefox does that for a blank webpage.
On my PC with 4 GB of RAM, Firefox only eats 250 MB for a new tab,
or at least its what the Task Manager says.
Maybe the problem is with the plugins or something else.