Re: Could KDE work adequately on a PC with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor @ 2.33 GHz?

On 10.03.21 19:28, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
(...)
I don't think there is a Debian DVD iso I can use to install Debian Bullseye.
I think I'll have to install Buster and then switch to Bullseye.
Is there a better option?

To my knowledge, there is a Bulleye installer available here:
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
It is still a test version, but you have good chances that it will work just fine. As described before, "testing" in Debian does not mean "unstable". With some bad luck for you, you might find a bug in it. If you could then report it, then luck for the Debian community because someone found it and it can be corrected for pushing the installer a step forward to soon become "stable".

Well, not the best answer for being on the Debian mailing list, but if you are entirely new to Debian or even Linux then it could be a good option to start with the distribution Sparky Linux (there is a KDE Edition available) for getting up and running and obtaining insides into many available options and learning about the usage of the apt package manager and other tools. Sparky Linux is not Debian, because it has some fine extras for making it much easier accessible to new Linux users. But there is so much Debian under the hood, which is configured so close to the original Debian, that I recommend it for entirely new Linux users. It is the Debian derivative being closest to Debian of all Debian derivatives I would know of. It comes with easy options to install almost any desktop environment around. Use it for testing and getting up and running, and you are of course free to return to Debian after you already have a clear idea of what is good for you and your hardware. In the sense of the Debian community I advice that in Sparky Linux offered software is not all following the Debian software license policy concerning GNU/Linux and Open Source, because it also provides out of the box access to third party software installations which wouldn't have place in Debian.

Good Luck!
Marco.