Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

On Ma, 09 mar 21, 09:54:22, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > The motherboard needs support for it as well, e.g. I'm eying the ASRock
> > B550M Steel Legend for a fan-less build (unfortunately the Ryzen 3
> > 4300GE (35W TDP) is nowhere to be found :( )
>
> None of the Renoir parts are being sold on the general market;
> they are all going directly to system integrators (HP, Dell...)

There's something curious about that, especially considering that the
PRO version (4350GE) is *not* OEM only!?

It's almost like they confused the PRO with the retail version.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind getting the 4350GE instead ;)

(unless it's too expensive, of course)

> Unfortunately, those system integrators like to sell those parts
> on mediocre motherboards and with second-class components
> attached.

There might be a chance to get it as a bundle from some "creative"
retailers, which would be fine as well if paired with my choice of
motherboard and as far as I understand there are retailers that do sell
OEM parts.

Wouldn't be my first "bag (and manual) only" computer part ;)

(used to be an "integrator" myself for friends and family)

Kind regards,
Andrei