Re: Bluewin bouncing my mails

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 12:11:05PM +0100, steve wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I think we can keep this private since it is not Debian specific.

Sorry for CC'ing the list again, but for me, this is the only way
to reach you. Direct messages... bounce (I tried again).

> Thanks for letting me know of this problem.

Thanks for trying to look into it.

> Could you forward me the bounced message? Is there any clue in it
> explain why your message has been bounced?

I would do (actually, I did), but it bounces, as expected.

The reason is pretty clear (and I commend bluewin for making it
explicit -- other providers [hotmail, I'm looking at you!] just
mark the mail as spam and let their users cope with it). Quoting
from the bounce:

| dlist@bluewin.ch
|   SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
|   host mxbw.lb.bluewin.ch [195.186.227.50]: 554 5.2.0 sc962:
|   Blacklisting in effect - http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/?ip=5.199.139.25

When I go to the URL, Cloudmark wants to collect some private
data from me to lift the blacklisting. I'm not amused ;-)

Cheers
 - tomás