Re: Too many levels of symbolic links

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 04:03:14PM +0100, steve wrote:
> > It'd be interesting to know which one your startup is choking on.
>
> What does it mean more precisely? The lines come from syslog and only
> mention partitions:
>
> Jan 19 09:09:33 box systemd-udevd[607]: sdg6: Failed to update device symlinks: Too many levels of symbolic links
> Jan 19 09:09:33 box systemd-udevd[611]: sdc1: Failed to update device symlinks: Too many levels of symbolic links
> Jan 19 09:09:33 box systemd-udevd[572]: sdc6: Failed to update device symlinks: Too many levels of symbolic links

Well, the key information is that the program doing the complaining
is systemd-udevd, so the problem is in one of the places that program
works on.  That's why I suggested looking in /etc/udev and /dev first.

If there are any internal pieces of systemd that it might be complaining
about, then I don't know what those would be.