Re: Release status of i386 for Bullseye and long term support for 3 years?

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 15:45:37 +0000
"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> wrote:

> Well, that's a good start :) The test suite we used to test for
> stable release CDs is here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCD/ReleaseTesting/Buster_r7?highlight=%28testing%29%7C%28cd%29%7C%2810.7%29

First test subject. IBM ThinkPad R51, product name 1836Q4U. Installed
via debian-bullseye-DI-alpha3-i386-netinst.iso. Expert install via text
using a RW-CD. Language and keyboard are US English.

File systems are all ext4, on top of LVM.

Desktop: XFCE

Running expert install.

Usability note: It would be nice if the option to show a password in
clear was above the widget for entering the password. That way one
could select it or not with less tabbing.

Bug??: DI incorrectly detected this machine as having EFI.

Bug!!: I tried loading the firmware for the wifi if. DI asked all the
right questions, and I gave it all the right answers. But it never
connected. The dhcp server never got a request, and on the target
hardware, ethtool-lite reported "carrier down".

Graphics are slow but serviceable. Mozilla and LibreOffice are
pathetically slow but usable in a pinch.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/