Re: Jitsi (was Re: Please help me find a good Debian compatible video card).

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 11:15:00AM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de (12020-04-28):
> > Sigh. LMDDgIFY
>
> So, my take is that nobody here managed to install Jitsi from sources.

I never tried, mind you. I've got better things to do with my time than
wrangling down a Java Monster (TM).

That said, I don't know what your point is (besides whining around a
bit here): you get the thing as a Debian packaged source. You have
shown some expertise in this list. Putting those two things together,
you're in the enviable position to try to run a Debian package build [1]:
thus you get a wonderful basis to start off.

What's missing?

Cheers

[1] optionally set up a chroot & debootstrap, alternatively
   a VM -- or run "naked" in your box; get build-deps; run
   dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us or something.

-- t