Re: Jitsi (was Re: Please help me find a good Debian compatible video card).

On Apr 25, 2020, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> I couldn't help noticing your .sig reference to Jitsi.  There were threads
> about it, as a good replacement for Zoom.  Also, there is a strong need in
> another online community that I belong to.
>
> How is your experience with a "room" with, say about 10 people in it with
> some using Video, but others preferring Audio only?

I tried it locally (with a LOCAL instance running) and it worked quite
nicely for half a dozen PCs / laptops around the house.  The only thing
I happen to be missing is the PSTN bridge ... but I haven't found one
that's stupid expensive (for an individual) to get started.

But wifey and family settled on Zoom before all the issues started
cropping up, and getting the "not techy" people to move would be far too
painful (read: wife doesn't even want to ask if they wanna try).

--
|_|O|_| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|_|_|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1  E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860