Re: Buster System hangs, requires hard reboot

On 4/21/20 1:05 PM, deloptes wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> No, but a connector. And depending on the mechanical environment,
>> those sometimes loosen too.
>
> Yes noticed on few that if disk is not mounted properly it starts sliding
> out. So reinserting the disk after checking connector states and mounting
> it properly could be leading to such problems in theory.

Even with the service manual, I am totally intimidated by the fragile,
paper-thin components in modern laptops.  I was unable to disconnect the
drive cable from the board; did not want to exert excess pressure.  So I
was unable to get to the disk itself to remove/reinsert it.  But I was
able to press hard on the cable connector, if that makes any difference
to the existing connection.  A service visit is probably going to be
needed for this.

I received a private email about using smartctl, but as mentioned in my
original post, weekly long tests and drive error logs show no errors at all.

Thanks for your help guys!

Regards,
Ralph