Re: Buster System hangs, requires hard reboot

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>> How old, and what color are your sata cables? [...]
>
> I know you like the red ones :-)
>
> But this is a laptop, so...
>
> That said, given the log errors, I'd try first to reseat, then to
> change the laptop's disk. This looks like flaky connector/hardware

But this is laptop - what kind of sata cable do you have there? None!

This notebook if not in warranty needs being opened up and inspected in
detail. Perhaps first try replacing the disk only.
Such errors are common for spinning disks. Can't imagine newer notebooks
have such anymore, but who knows.

The others (SDD) usually just die, but could be also there a bad capacitor
or whatever.