Re: Having trouble installing Debian on brand new hard drive

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 03:01:52PM +0100, Klaus Singvogel wrote:
> kaye n wrote:
> > *For the future, you could paste the (relevant part from) the output of
> > 'parted -l'.*
> > Just curious, never encountered that command before.
> > kaye@laptop:~$ parted -l
> > bash: parted: command not found
>
> You can install it then: "sudo apt-get install parted"
> But I prefer output of "lsblk"; but this is only a matter of taste.

lsblk      is nice because it doesn't seem to require root.

fdisk -l   is another choice (requires root, though).

fdisk was *the* go-to command a few decades back, but it was discouraged
for a while because it was slow to adopt GPT support.  Current versions
of fdisk support GPT disk partitioning, so it's back on the acceptable
list.