Re: Having trouble installing Debian on brand new hard drive

Thank you guys for telling me the email got lost.  I'll just describe it.

The partition table is GPT.

Imagine you're looking at the graphical presentation of my hdd in GParted.

Starting from the left:

858GB NTFS partition (intended for storing all kinds of data)

then

20GB ext4 partition, with mount point /

then

2GB ext4 partition, with mount point /home

then

1GB swap partition

then

50GB NTFS partition (intended for windows)

then, finally

only 10MB FAT32 partition because debian installer says I need an efi but I don't know how big it should be.  Mount point at /boot/efi

If I boot from the hard drive, I ge this message:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.43 (08/25/11)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

That's it. Thank you!

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:13 PM Klaus Singvogel <deb-user-ml@singvogel.net> wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
> kaye n composed on 2020-02-11 17:23 (UTC+0800):
>
> > No one?
>
> Your OP seems to have gotten lost in the ether. I don't see it on
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/02/threads.html and don't remember
> seeing it arrive among any other debian-user email. I do see there another
> original post from you about Grub.

I, for myself, ignore jpg messages.

I'm living in an textbased world. Extracting and viewing pictures from
email is a big effort for me. They can't be cited nor referenced easily
neither.

Beside the fact that your posting was never seen here (see above).

Regards,
        Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27