Re: Having trouble installing Debian on brand new hard drive

The (U)EFI partition seems far to small, I think mine was about 200 MB
originaly and I extended it to 700 MB, so I was able to make UEFI updates.

Are UEFI updates necessary? What's the smallest allowable size I can make for UEFI partition? Or is that not a wise thing to do?

PXE Boot is booting over network (TFTP) and not want you want.
I honestly don't know how I got that because I was not trying to boot over network.  Never had this problem installing other distros.

Created how? Did you do it yourself prior to beginning installation of Debian?
I believe I created the GPT partition using GParted from a live USB of another distro.

That's unusually small for a /home partition.
I just figured that the /home partition is where config files of apps are kept, correct? And they're just small files?  When I install an app, most of it goes into / , and not /home, therefore I usually make /home a separate partition and at 2GB only.

If you rarely use Windows, that may be a perfectly good size, but because you
haven't created a Windows Reserved partition, Windows will divide it in order that
it have one (16MB IIRC).

Windows will automatically create a partition out of the 50GB partition that I made for it?

For the future, you could paste the (relevant part from) the output of
'parted -l'.

Just curious, never encountered that command before.
kaye@laptop:~$ parted -l
bash: parted: command not found

Thank you for your time!