Re: Emacs and loss of highlighting: problem semi-solved (Buster MATE)

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:33 AM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:...

Okay, I've taken Curt's and Greg's suggestions together:

1. I had to install the dconf-editor package. I was able to use the
dconf editor to turn off the xrdb plugin. I then logged off and logged
back in. Highlighting is working.

Note: The deconf-editor has to be executed from the CLI (dconf-editor
&). It is not greatly intuitive. I had to search for xrdb to get to a
screen to turn off a slider widget.

2. In my home directory I ran "xrdb -query > highlight-works.txt"

It shows none of the original *emacs* stuff.

I'll report results later after I've given this a few days.

Thank you so much Nate, Tomas, Curt, David, Byung-Hee, and Greg!

Debian folks are great!

Cheers!

-Tom