Re: Emacs and loss of highlighting: problem semi-solved (Buster MATE)

On 2020-01-27, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> At this point, I think you need to find any file on your system that has
> the Emacs X resources that xrdb showed and comment them out.

As perhaps an unhelpful and not necessarily related data point, there
exists a bug report concerning Xresources and Emacs 24.4, the insect
consisting of the former remaining unread or "unrespected" (which may
not be a word) in the Mate desktop environment when using the latter.

https://superuser.com/questions/1351751/xresources-not-loaded-under-mate-desktop

(Set the active attribute to false under
'org.mate.SettingsDaemon.plugins.xrdb' with dconf-editor?)

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud