Re: What is agetty, and why can't it be stopped?

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 01:44:36PM -0000, Curt wrote:
Well, Michael Stone's guess was a good one (though, apparently, wrong).

The one thing I've learned is that Gene does weird things to his systems and has issues that nobody else has. I'll throw out a guess, but I won't waste a lot of time on it. It is certain that systemd doesn't generally activate a getty on a serial port, so something's turning it on. But, playing 20,000 questions and getting straight answers to 10,000 of them after reading 10,000 pages of anecdotes just isn't fun for most people, so we'll probably just leave this in the "undocumented weirdness" pile and move on.

Of course, you don't show any logs so it's anybody's guess.

Bingo.