Re: Wpa_Supplicant Fails Authentication

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:58:04 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Du, 21 iul 19, 08:16:25, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 10:48:15 +0300
> > Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is definitely not normal, it shouldn't matter if the dongle is
> > > plugged on boot or not.
> >
> > I agree. And it will work and connect when security on the router is
> > disabled.  wpa_supplicant's failure when "plugged in" is the problem.
> > Don't know why.  Seems no one else does either . . . not that I've
> > found.
>
> If I recall correctly, at some point you changed the interface from
> 'allow-hotplug' to 'auto' in /etc/network/intefaces. You might want to
> try changing it back.

I did. Ultimately.  And it sped up the boot process since the system
didn't stall at the networking part while supplicant failed and
timed-out. After booting, if I killed supplicant (as root), then
manually called it as root, supplicant would authorized and connect
just fine. So, I gave up on trying to get wireless to come up at boot
and just reconfigured back to "allow-hotplug", left the dongle
unplugged, booted, then plugged it in and it connected.  I tried a dozen
variations after that with cold starts in between, but that's the only
one that worked.

Thanks for your advice.