Re: Wpa_Supplicant Fails Authentication

> Solved the wpa_supplicant "No Such Device" problem on my system.
> Change "allow-hotplug" to "auto" of wireless device stanza
> in /etc/network/interfaces.  But now wpa_supplicant fails to
> authenticate.  However, wireless dongle (Rosewill RNX-N180UBEv3) will
> connect with security turned off on router and interfaces appropriately
> configured.

My guess is that it's a problem in the driver (i.e. in the kernel)
rather than a problem higher-up in the stack.  IOW there's not much
Debian can do about it.

You can find the name of your device driver with something like:

    ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/driver/module

[ Replace `wlan0` with the actual name of your wireless device as it
  appears in `ifconfig` and friends.  ]

        Stefan