Re: Psychedelic GUI after stable update to buster

On 22/07/2019 21.52, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 22 iul 19, 18:41:01, Étienne Mollier wrote:
>> Orthogonally, you may also want to investigate the use of
>> setupcon(1) and the configuration file console-setup(5) to set
>> alternative, more readable font.  The configuration file is
>> stored in /etc/default/console-setup.
> Or just run 'dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' ;)

True, I should have mentioned that, since I used it a few times
myself in the past.  The fact is, I have less difficulties
dealing with data sets rather than functions.  Sometimes it is a
bad habit, and sometimes it comes from the extensive use of
heavy duty administrative tools, such as Thomas Lange's FAI.

Furthermore, I don't recall having seen the possibility to set
a "polite" BEEP using dpkg-reconfigure, but I probably missed a
few options.  ;)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
               5AB1 4EDF 63BB CCFF 8B54 2FA9 59DA 56FE FFF3 882D