Re: Wpa_Supplicant Fails Authentication

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 10:48:15 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sb, 20 iul 19, 12:29:39, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 13:34:12 -0400
> > Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > I recommend you file a bug report with the author(s) of that driver.
> >
> > Discovered the "bug" was not wpa_supplicant's, but mine: I was
> > leaving the USB wireless plugged in during boot.
>
> This is definitely not normal, it shouldn't matter if the dongle is
> plugged on boot or not.

I agree. And it will work and connect when security on the router is
disabled.  wpa_supplicant's failure when "plugged in" is the problem.
Don't know why.  Seems no one else does either . . . not that I've
found.

> While you have a workaround for it, you should investigate the cause.

I intend to, but after troubleshooting this for 10 days, off and on, I'm
taking a break.  Just glad I got it working.

Thanks for your advice.