Re: sending mail via a script

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:01:00AM +0100, Joe wrote:
I'm considering using something like a Raspberry Pi when the current HP
Microserver dies, but I'm not sure it will be a lot cheaper to run,
given that it will need external hard drives and an external Ethernet
port.

Depending on why you feel you'd need an external Ethernet port, the Pi 4 might address that issue for you (it's no longer wired over the USB bus)

I'm reminded that I have never properly measured the power consumption of my always-on NAS: I built it to be low power and I've connected it via a watt-meter but I haven't ever read the manual for how to use the meter (or looked at its display).

--

Jonathan Dowland
https://jmtd.net