Re: sending mail via a script

	Hi.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 02:05:04PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Jul 2019, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > > I'm looking for a way to send a mail via a script What are the available
> > > solutions ?
> >
> >  I tried with mail.mailutils, and I get the following error:
> >
> >    << 550-5.7.1 [2a01:e35:8a7f:9c50:2e4d:54ff:fed0:5806] Our system has detected that
> >    <<< 550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR
> >    <<< 550-5.7.1 records and authentication. Please review
> >    <<< 550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more information
> >    <<< 550 5.7.1 . z19si9492793wml.107 - gsmtp
> >    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
> >
> >    I didn't find any ueseful information on the given link.
> >

> That's not a problem sending mail via a script; that's a problem with
> Google's view of the reputation of the mail server that you are using.
> (Which may be the machine that you are typing on, or might not.)
>
> In other words: you successfully sent mail, but Google rejected
> it because they think you are a spammer.

No. Google rejected it because of the reason stated above.
I.e. MTA's IP does not have a valid PTR record. Not required by RFC per
se, but is considered mandatory by some (included Google).

> One option is to relay mail through an email server that is
> generally considered trustworthy.

That'll work.

> Another is to build the reputation of the server you are using,

Won't do any good. Another option is to get that PTR record for
starters.

> Mail is tricky these days.

True. And Google is trying to make it even more tricky.

Reco