Re: sending mail via a script

On 2019-07-16 08:18, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Lu, 15 iul 19, 06:21:28, Dan Ritter wrote:
Reco wrote:

Why do you think they have that requirement?

It's entirely because IPs without PTR records are more likely to
be spammers than those who do. Specfically, because it's an
indication that the person running the machine didn't set it up
as a server, or doesn't know what they are doing.

Or is trying to run the server on an IP without a (useful) PTR record,
e.g. a "personal" ISP account.

This requirement mitigates somewhat the spam problem, at the expense of
making it much harder/costlier for individuals to run their own mail
server.

Kind regards,
Andrei

well when I became aware of all this stuff, I thought this is great, everybody can connect and do what they like, if of course following protocols. But you can't do that can you ? you have to connect through a service provider.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31