Re: sending mail via a script

Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2019, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I'm looking for a way to send a mail via a script What are the available
> > solutions ?
>
>  I tried with mail.mailutils, and I get the following error:
>
>    << 550-5.7.1 [2a01:e35:8a7f:9c50:2e4d:54ff:fed0:5806] Our system has detected that
>    <<< 550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR
>    <<< 550-5.7.1 records and authentication. Please review
>    <<< 550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more information
>    <<< 550 5.7.1 . z19si9492793wml.107 - gsmtp
>    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
>    I didn't find any ueseful information on the given link.

That's not a problem sending mail via a script; that's a problem with
Google's view of the reputation of the mail server that you are using.
(Which may be the machine that you are typing on, or might not.)

In other words: you successfully sent mail, but Google rejected
it because they think you are a spammer.

One option is to relay mail through an email server that is
generally considered trustworthy.

Another is to build the reputation of the server you are using,
but it seems likely that you have an IP connection from free.fr,
and they are specifically advertising that you are a user and
should not get a positive reputation.

Mail is tricky these days.

-dsr-