Re: Stretch with MATE DE - odd new file association problem

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:53:34AM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> It looks like Synaptic starts with user privileges as a wrapper and
> PolicyKit asks for root privileges to spawn actual synaptic process.

Ah okay, my mistake. Synaptic is another piece of software I've
never really used and had only got the impression from another
thread that it was having some issues with running under Wayland as
it is a GUI app that wants to do things as root. Good to hear that
it uses some privilege separation and isn't in fact running the
whole app as root.

Cheers,
Andy