Re: Stretch with MATE DE - odd new file association problem

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 01:15:07PM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> On 16.04.2019 12:08, Andy Smith wrote:
> > I don't have seamonkey installed so haven't tried myself, but does
> > it even run as root?
> >
> I don't use SeaMonkey either, but I'm pretty sure it does not need root
> privileges to run. :)

My point is that the OP is asking why, when they click a link from
within a GUI app that is running as root (synaptic), the wrong
browser is launched. So what I am asking is, once the correct
browser is set up via alternatives, isn't it going to launch
seamonkey as root?

Further implication being, it is good to learn about the
alternatives system, but maybe not a great idea to solve this
problem this way.

Cheers,
Andy