Re: Stretch with MATE DE - odd new file association problem

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 04:39:06AM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> You can add SeaMonkey config manually if you want, but you will have to
> track the changes after that.
>     $ sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser
> x-www-browser /your/path/to/seamonkey 100

I don't have seamonkey installed so haven't tried myself, but does
it even run as root?

If it does, I would consider running a web browser as root and
then actually using it to view a web site (that I didn't 100%
control, etc) to be really really unwise, for security reasons.

But maybe I am not giving it enough credit; perhaps it drops
privileges before continuing, or something.

Cheers,
Andy