Re: What to do about spam in debian-user [was: Your Password Reset Link from CorrLinks]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 09:37:06AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
(2) Mutt has a feature that lets you send an EXACT copy of a message
to a different address, preserving all of the headers and content
verbatim.  Mutt calls this "bouncing".

If this is such a good feature, why is mutt the only agent doing it?

It isn't. But it's not a common feature, in common mailers. It's
analogous to a power tool. All mutt is really doing is feeding the mail
to /usr/bin/sendmail, and specifying the address to which you want it
sent on the sendmail command-line. It relies upon you having a properly
configured /usr/bin/sendmail interface (which is provided by, for
example, Exim — not just Sendmail). The same result can be achieved with
a procmail recipe, or a shell script, if you have access to the raw
mail.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland