Re: What to do about spam in debian-user [was: Your Password Reset Link from CorrLinks]

On Thursday 21 February 2019 08:25:54 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 08:21:00AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:45:50AM +0300, Reco wrote:
> > > [...]
> >
> > This _might_ be a good idea, if that address took forwards.
>
> Forwarding and bouncing are completely different operations.  If you
> aren't using mutt/neomutt and don't have a literal bounce feature,
> then please just ignore this part.

I am not using mutt. TDE version of kmail. And I'd point out that the
threat of a list unsubscribe is blamed on a "bounce". That specific
word.

And as far as I know, fetchmail has no ability/facility to bounce a
message. Fetchmail-6.3.26 IIRC. Locally built from tarball.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)