Re: blu-ray recommendations?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 03:29:28PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > Most probably, yes. But I wouldn't know where to begin to compare the
> > ecological footprint[s]

[error rates]

It seems that CDs/DVDs seem to lose single blocks, while flash (sticks, etc)
seem to fail catastrophically, in my experience at least.

> The ecological footprint is neglectable in the contest and we do not want to
> argue ... when people pay 1500+ US$ for a new iphone every 3y avg, I guess
> I could spent couple of bugs for a good CF or SSD, which I would keep for
> 10y.

This is, btw, the counter-argument posed here by conservatives wrt. reducing
the carbon footprint: "But China". They don't know what they are talking
about.

Cheers
-- t